Department of Tribal Studies,
Kannada University, Hampi.
Vidyaranya- 583 276,Tq,Hospet,
Dist : Bellary
2.Cell No: 9480353091
3.Fax: 08394 -241334 (O)
opp AIR Station
Place of Birth:
Mysore District- 571 132
Date of Birth:
2. To Write : Kannada, English, Hindi
3. To Speak : Kannada, English, Hindi
Kannada University, From 01.06.2001
2. Lecturer, Department of Tribal Studies,
Kannada University, From 8.6.1995 to 01.06.2001
3. Temporary Lecturer in Folklore,
Kannada University, From 31.8.1994 to 08.06.1995
4. Guest Lecturer in Folklore at Folklore Department,
Mysore University, From 1991 to 1992
5. Part Time Lecturer in Folklore at Maharaja Degree College,
Mysore, From 1990 to 1991
b. Refresher Cours:
ASC, Mysore University, Sept 2002
2. Refresher Course in Folklore ,
Folklore Department, Kannada University
from 06.10.2002 to 08.11.2002
3. Orientation Course,ASC,
4. Refresher Course in Folklore ,
Title of Ph D Thesis: Kannada Janapada Padya Sahityada Sollugalu (Kannada Folk Music Tunes : A Study): 2.M.A.(Folklore) Mysore University, 1991 NET Passed in April 1990
Research Projects undertaken
Sl. Name of the project Year Period, Individual completed, No.of year Joint completed Ongoing
02. Karnatakada Deities Grama Devategalu 1994 02 Joint completed.
03. encyclopelidia of Karnataka Folk performing art 1994 02 Joint completed.
04. Hospet Darshana 1995 02 Joint completed.
05. Musiam 1996 01 Joint completed.
06. Folk elements in Hampi Monuments 1998 01 Individual completed.
07. An indiginias knowledge On sky and earth 1999 01 Individual completed.
08. Karnataka tribal oral epics series-7, 2000 02 Joint completed
09. Junjappa oral epic 2001 01 Individual completed
10. Burrakatha oral epic Balanagamma 2001 01 Individual completed
11. Banjara’s Sevalal Oral epic 2002 01 Individual completed.
12. Jenu kuruba Adhyayana ( A Micro Study of jenukuruba Community in Karntaka) 2002 02 Individual completed.
13. HakkipikkiAdhyayana ( A Micro Study of Hakkipikki Community in Karntaka) 2004 02 Individual Completed.
14. Karnataka Tribal Women Tribe in Karnataka/2006 01 Individual completed.
15. An Extensive Study 2003 05 Joint completed and Evalution of Tribal Set up in Karnataka 2002 02 Individual completed.
16.Sikkaligaru 2006 02 Individual completed
A Nomadic community
17. Hampi an intangebal cultural studies 2007
01. Individual Completed
Individual Research Projects
01. Mythology of Hampi 2002 01 Individual Completed/
02. Sevaral epic 2003 01 Individual Completed
Sl.Name of the Book Publisher Year of
2. Dr G S. Paramasivaiah (Life and Contribution of Dr GISUM PA),Kannada University,1995
3. Hampi Smarakagalalli Janapadiya Amshagalu ( Folk Eliments in Hampi Sculpture),Kannada University, 2002 Articals
1. Junjappa (Junjappa Epic), Kannada University, 1997
C. Asst Editor with Prof H C Boralingaiah
2. Karnataka Janapada Kalegala Kosha (Encyclopedia of Karnataka Folklore), Kannada University, 1995
1. Budakattu Adyayana Kannada University, 2006.07
D. Co Writer with Dr Purushottama Bilimale
1. Hampi Janapada (Folklore of Hampi), Kannada University, 1999
II. Research Articles
1. Hampi in Kannada Sahitya Sangati, 1993
2. Hampiya Kallina Kathegalu in Hospete Times Daily’s Special Issue, 1994
3. Hampi Parisarada Adima Samskrutiya Nelegalu in My City Daily, Special Issue, 2002.
4. Kannada Janapada Mahakavyagalu in Kayakayogi Smarana Grantha (Gadag:Vidyanidhi Prakashana,2002).
5. Karnataka Budkttu sahithya ,Janapada Aisiri Mysore 2003.
6. Hampiya Haridasaru,Haripath Bengalore 2003
7. Hampi Utsava held at Kannada University, 4.11.2003, Hampiya Moukhika Charitre
8. Alemari Budkttu Samudayagalla charithre Dept of puratatva Survekshna Mysore 2004.
9. Rituals among the Hampi Heriteg sites Hospet Times 2004
CONFERENCE,SEMINAR,WORKSHOPS Etc : I.Regional
11. Budakattu Abhivrudhi Parikalpane mattu Mimamse Vichara sankirnaNov 30, 2002 held at Sagar Paper : Budakattugala Gnyana Parampare mattu Abhivrudhi.
12. Empowerment of Folk and Tribal Female Artist Conference held at Chellagurki of Bellary Dist, Organised by Karnataka Janapada and Yakshagana Academy, Bangalore on 23.02.2003,Paper: Janapada Sahityadalli Mahile.
13. Sthaliya charitre mattu Puratatva Male Seminar held at Kurugodu, 15.3.2003, Paper:Kurugodins Acharane Hagu Sampradayagalu.
14. Desi Sammelana,Kannada University, Hampi, held at Bidar 28-29 Sept 2003, Paper: Samuha Madhyamagalalli Janapada Kalegala Balake.
15. Hampi Utsava held at Kannada University, 4.11.2003, Paper: Hampiya Moukhika Charitre.
16. Nirudyogi Sangeeta mattu Chitrakala Kalavidara Samavesha held at Gadag, 4.12.2003, Paper: Shikshanadalli Chitrakale mattu Sangeetada Mahatva .
17. NSS Camp held at Kannada University, 15.1.2004, Paper: Janapada Sahityadalli Jeevana Moulyagalu.
18. Jagruta Geetegala Shibira held at Kukanur, 24.1.2004 Paper: Jagruta Sahitya Rachaneyalli Janapadada Patra
19. NSS Camp held at PU College for Women, Hospet, 25.1.2004,Paper: Grameena Samudayagalalli Shramadana.
20. Kuvempu Shatabdi held at Koudi Mahanteswara High School, Bachigondanahalli, 31.1.2004, Paper: Grameena Pratibheyagi Kuvempu .
21. NSS Camp held at Kanamadagu, 2.2.2004, Paper: Janapada Sahitya dalli Mahile.
22. Sondur Tq Kannada Sahitya Parishatina Shri Raghavendra Setty Datti Upanyasa held at Toranagallu, 4.2.2004, Paper: Janapada Sahitya mattu Jeevana Moulyagalu.
23. Participated in Sugama ( Budakattu Devadasiyara Samvada- Nirmulana mattu Soulabhyagala Vishleshane) held at Community Hall, Kudligi, on 14.2.2004, Organised by Department of Tribal Studies, Kannada University with Sneha and Spandana Samsthe collaboration
24. Koppala Jilla Prathama Kannada Sahitya Sammelana held at Koppal, 15.2.2004, Paper: Koppala Jilleya Samskrutika Nelegalu.
25. Sonduru Tq Prathama Kannada Sahitya Sammelana held at Sondur, 29.2.204, Paper: Sondur Parisarada Janapada.
26. Rajyamattada Tatvapadakarara Adhyayana Kammata held at Karmudi, Yelburga Tq, 3.3.2004, Paper: Janapadaru hagu Adhyatma.
27. Kuvempu Shatabdi held at Shri R S Kanthi B Ed College, Ilkal, 14.6.2004, Paper: Kuvempu Sahityadalli Janapadiya Moulyagalu.
28. Ambedker muttu Basavanna, Koppala Jilla Kannada Sahithya Parishath Koppal 2005.
29. Babu Jagjeevanram muttu Ambedker, Ambedker day celabretion Hospet.2005
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
a. Life Member
1. Kannada University SC:ST Employees Welfare Association,Vidyaranya,2001
2. Folklore Society of South Indian Languages ( FOSSIL), From 28.12.2002
b. Executive Body Member
2. Secretorye mahastupa vidya samaste, kampali. Hospet tq, bellarry dist.
3. BOS member Karnataka janpada vishvavidyalaya.Bengalore.
4. BOS member distance education kannada university hampi.
5. BOS member open university mysore.
6. BOE member Gulbarga university Gulbarga.
7. BOE member Bengalore university Bengalore.
Editing Cmmittee Member
2. Budakattu Adhyayana (Tribal Studies, Half Yearly Journal),Kannada University,Hampi from June 2003.
d. Purchaging Committee Member
e. cultural activities
2. AIR flok musicien
3. D D I flok musicien
4. Flok programs organiger
2. Bhavani tribal award Karnataka tribal vedike Bengalore,2005.
3. Shankara prashasti Shankara tattva Foundetion Hospet.2006
4. Bengali folk litreture Award 2009.
5. Budagajungama Award 2010.
6. Visiting professor in Wudzberg university at Germany-2012